Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Busy Monday


Tuesday was a fun day for me. I presented a program for the Manhattan Quilt Guild about embroidery quilts. I had to raid the Overbrook Quilt Connection of the samples that I have made for them. Making embroidery quilts is making a big statement in the quilting world. It has always been part of quilting but now machine embroidery is making it bigger and bigger. The program was well received--especially by those with embroidery modules for their machines.
In the afternoon, I taught a workshop covering making a casserole carrier or a sewing machine apron. Dee is shown in the picture working on the binding for her sewing machine apron. The apron fits under your machine and has pockets for holding sewing notions. It is especially nice to use when attending a workshop. The red fabric in the picture is Dee's casserole carrier. It is so easy to make and can be folded when not being used.

No comments: