Saturday, October 30, 2010

Heirloom Christmas Tree Skirt

Bob's Bernina is carrying many different blanks now. One of the items is a Christmas tree skirt that has a cutwork-look to it. I am going to teach this class at the shop and decided to make the tree skirt white-on-white. I am using the designs in the OESD Christmas Collection #3 in addition to another OESD CD entitled Swirls. I washed the blank before working on it so that it would not shrink and pucker when I have to wash out the stabilizer. Then I used Fresh Press to give it some body before embroidery. After all the designs were stitched, I swished it in very warm water before throwing it into the washing machine. With a little more Fresh Press and a lot of ironing, the Christmas tree skirt does, indeed, resemble an heirloom.

No comments: