Friday, August 14, 2020

Making Progress

Several years ago when my granddaughter enrolled again in college I decided to make her a bookcase quilt for graduation.  Later, on one of my Paducah adventures I found a pattern by Crimson Tate titled Personal Library Quilt.  I purchased the kit with a great pattern.  When I started it a few weeks ago, the fabric did not tickle my fancy and I started to dig out bits and pieces of my accumulation.  Most of the "books" are made with left-over binding and small pieces of fat quarters that I have. I asked my GD for book titles and so she gave me two pages of possibilities.  I added "titles" of places she has been and other important events with my embroidery machine.  It is not yet finished because I want to ask her about other items and events she wants added to the quilt.  I love looking at it and I think she will love it too.

P.S.  My grand came over today to help me with the top row.  She loves her quilt and helped me with some Russian titles to put on "her" row. She especially loved all of the different fabrics and then chose the border fabric.  I should have it finished soon and then take it to the quilter on Tuesday.  

1 comment:

Diane said...

I love this idea Jane. I may have to try it.
Diane Meyers