Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Pokey Little Puppy

The Poky Little Puppy is my third greatgrand pieced top. I made a quick stop for a couple of items at a local store and found the golden book for this quilt. So that is going to be included with this. I will also embroider the recipient's name in the block that says "This book belongs to...". This should be a fun gift.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fun in Some Bunny's Garden

The book panel is called Fun in Some Bunny's Garden. It was quick to make and is ready for quilting. This is also a greatgrand gift. I hope they like this "drag along" quilts.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pillow #2

This may be my first pillow with a ruffle. The design is Rose Wreath by Kathleen Ackley. Anna Aldmon has digitized her original applique design into machine applique embroidery. I was asked to test the design with my Bernina 830. It is a two-hooping wreath for a 7" x 12" or 6" x 6" stitch area for ART, VP3, PES, and JEF. I used my jumbo hoop. The directions are the best I have seen and helps with success on the first try. The wreath would also make a wonderful start for a table runner. The Rose Wreath will be available in mid-October.

Friday, September 23, 2011

October Software Sampler Project

This is my project for the October Software Sampler. The lesson is using a technique called photosnap. I have a picture of my dog on the other side but it is kind of hard to photograph so it can be seen clearly. The pillow is from a pattern called "It's a Wrap!...pillow sleeves!" by Vanilla House Designs. The pillow wraps are very easy to make and can be changed quickly.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Shy Little Kitten

The Shy Little Kitten quilt kit was a "find" in Paducah. I had been looking for this type of panel for several months. The kit only takes three hours or so to stitch together. The kit also includes backing. So now I just have to get it quilted before Christmas.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Top Border

This is the top border of the Chelsea Gardens quilt that I as testing. The birds are beautiful! Anna Aldmon makes machine embroidery with multi-hooping so easy. You would think this was completed all in one sitting but it was five days of work. I did have to plan which color each bird was before I started. I am anxious to receive the rest of the patterns for this quilt.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

April Flowers is Completed

My April Flowers quilt is finished. I stitched the binding and label on last evening. This is from a kit called a Snap Sack. I have seen them in several quilt shops lately. The kit contains all the fabrics including the backing. It did not include the batting. I used my embroidery module for the quilting since the blocks are four inches. Then I modified the block design to put in the border and the cornerstones. I really enjoy using my large embroidery hoop. This quilt is 18" x 22". Great colors.

Monday, September 12, 2011

April Flowers

I am in the middle of an applique project, but was having an itch about doing a little stitching. I received this Snap Sack at the Bernina Celebration last month. It is a small 18"x22" project and I love the colors. This is as far as I got last night before my eyes became heavy. I still have the top and bottom borders. This has been a fun, quick project.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Embellished Garment

This is one of my recent projects. It is a sample for the Bernina Software Sampler Class that I host at Mea Bernina. One of the new--to me--techniques is using paintstiks on fabrics. On this garment, I stitched on raw-edge batik flowers and then embroidered a design. Then I used stencils and paintstiks for the rest of the design. Thanks to my stitching friend, Diane for the use of her paintstiks. You may have to enlarge the photo to see the details. This is a shirt I would wear. Then next one is a little more jazzed-up. We'll see how that turns out...