Saturday, August 30, 2014

Daisy Wear

Last Saturday, Daisy had to go to the vet to have a 3.5- inch skin tear stitched.  The repair was behind her left shoulder. When we got her home, she wanted to lick and lick.  My DIL said that she needed a shirt.  So away to the serger I went and now she has three shirts that she can wear.  I used old t-shrts and serged dow the middle of the back and front.  Then I serged from the neckline down the top of the sleeves.  Cut off the area around the neck and the bottom and it is done.  It would be more permanent if I had used a knit band on the neckline.She does not mind wearing the shirt but she does struggle to put it on and take it off.  She looks so cute in her Daisy Wear.
Monday update:  Yesterday and again this morning, Daisy figured out how to get her leg out of one sleeve.  So after the shirt's daily washing,  I added a band to the neck. After cutting the neck band from an old t-shirt, I made it a bit smaller, and then serged the neck band onto Daisy's shirt.  So far it is working great.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

From the Beginning

The grapes were picked from the vine by 8:30 and picked from the stem by 9:30.  Then it was into the pot to cook for a while.  Isn't that the most beautiful red color!  A couple hours later and the jelly was into the jar and ready to eat.  Supper this evening was toast with fresh grape jelly. Yum, yum!!

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Center of Purple Garden Nouveau

This is my newest project.  It is another Garden Nouveau quilt from Vicky Lawrence's book.  My first one was similar to the one on the cover of the book.  It was finished in February 2011.  I have wanted to make a purple one for a long time.  During the trip to Paducah in the spring, I found vibrant batiks that I wanted to use in the quilt.  I have to put the inner borders on so that I will know the size for the embroidered borders.  Many more hours of stitching to finish!!

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

More Mug Rugs

This morning I completed three more mug rugs.  They are fun to make.  You would think the fabric confetti would be so easy to place on the frosting.  But I have found that I must use 505 basting spray to hold down the pieces or they vibrate off when the machine is embroidering.  But they are cute to make and easy gifts.

Monday, August 11, 2014

Mug Rugs

Two of the four mug rugs for a swap are completed.  Just have to bind the other two and the project will be ready for mailing.  The pattern for the cupcakes is from Fabric Confetti by Vanessa.  I found the pattern last year at the Houston Quilt Festival.  The confetti is really small pieces of fabric that are stitched to the "frosting" background.  The pattern is really for a Confetti Cupcake Quilt.  The cupcakes are easy to make and fun, too.