Last Saturday, Daisy had to go to the vet to have a 3.5- inch skin tear stitched. The repair was behind her left shoulder. When we got her home, she wanted to lick and lick. My DIL said that she needed a shirt. So away to the serger I went and now she has three shirts that she can wear. I used old t-shrts and serged dow the middle of the back and front. Then I serged from the neckline down the top of the sleeves. Cut off the area around the neck and the bottom and it is done. It would be more permanent if I had used a knit band on the neckline.She does not mind wearing the shirt but she does struggle to put it on and take it off. She looks so cute in her Daisy Wear.
Monday update: Yesterday and again this morning, Daisy figured out how to get her leg out of one sleeve. So after the shirt's daily washing, I added a band to the neck. After cutting the neck band from an old t-shirt, I made it a bit smaller, and then serged the neck band onto Daisy's shirt. So far it is working great.