Sometimes it takes years to find exactly what you want. We spent January and February in Arizona. I had the opportunity to attend a Sewing, Crafts, and Quilt Expo in Phoenix. ROM Woodworking had a booth and I found this thread cabinet. They were going to be at the Machine Quilter's Showcase in Overland Park, KS in May and so I could pick up my cabinet at the show. Thursday was the exciting day and today my husband helped mount the cabinet in my sewing room. I am so pleased to have all my embroidery thread in one place where I can see every color. I still have more colors to add, so there won't be many of the 400+ pegs without a color. This will make choosing thread so much quicker and easier.
This is one block of Anita's Arrowhead that has been quilted. I have the quilting half completed and now have to get more thread. So I will finish the project when that happens. I am using my embroidery module to quilt the blocks. There is still indecision about a border...
I have finished quilting all the blocks. The remaining fabric has been laid around the quilt and it does not like any of it. So the quilt will not have a border. It will just have black binding. A photo will be coming your way in a day or two.
This is my project for the April Software Sampler lesson. A black kitchen towel was used as the background to the Benartex fabric. The flower fabric was scanned into the software and then I used advanced and partial applique. The #47 foot, Spanish Hemstitch, was used to attach fabric to the bottom of the towel. Now I just have to learn the software lesson so I can teach it effectively.