This sixteen patch is a sixteen inch block for a quilt I am making. The alternate blocks will give an Irish Chain look to the quilt. I saw a similar quilt at spring quilt market and designed the quilt in EQ6. I found the browns and blacks at Great Plains Quilts in Burlingame. Today I am going to work on the alternate blocks. More for you to see in a day or two.
This quilt will find its way onto the bed in my fifth wheel RV.
This is a table cover for my fifth wheel which is decorated in tones of brown and black. The pattern is from the Bernina web site and titled "Reeds and Grasses Table Set". The cover is made from black linen and the designs are from the Reeds and Grasses CD. I was learning to use continuous embroidery on my machine. It really looks nice!
The bowl is a project for this month's Software Sampler. I was pleasantly surprised that I liked this project so much. I have made another one to coordinate with the Reeds and Grasses Table Cover. The bowl is very easy to make.
Yesterday, my machines were singing all day. The embroidery machine was busy making free standing lace angels and quilt labels. I have five quilts that need their labels to be complete. My other machine and I were binding two quilts. So I have been working, just not on anything that is spectacular.
The owl oven mitt is from a pattern, Kitchen Whimsy, by Common Thread Designs. It is one of the new patterns that Roxane found at Spring Quilt Market. Since I am the lazy type, I digitized the pattern so that I could use embroidery applique to complete the project. This really is fun and quick to make. I forgot to take a photo of the pig oven mitt. It is very cute! The Overbrook Quilt Connection has patterns for you.
Anita's Arrowhead is now completed. I tried several different fabrics for a border and the blocks just did not want to play with them. So the blocks end with a binding from one of the dark fabrics. I completed the quilting with a design from Classic Line Quilting by OESD. It really does look perfect for this quilt. The backing is a small-figured geometric with colors that matched the other fabrics perfectly.
I finally found the binding fabric for the Mosiac Memories quilt. So that is the next project to finish.