Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sneak Peak of More Wild!flowers


This beautiful machine embroidery applique is a pincushion cactus from More Wild!flowers from Smith Street Designs. This photo is of my stitchout and is not copied from the website. The other really beautiful flower in this quilt is the California poppy. Really, all of the flowers are beautiful, but the cactus and poppy are just outstanding.
I have the body of the quilt finished. Now to get 292 half square triangles completed for a border.
My first embroidery quilt was the first Wildflowers quilt by Smith Street. I saw a finished sample at a quilt shop in Arizona and fell in love with it. Now I have enough embroidery quilts completed to develop a program about them. There are many stitchers who have embroidery modules who have never used them. Get those modules hooked up to your machine and have great fun!

No comments: