Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Nouveau Fleur Quilt

This is my embroidered quilt from Vicky Lawrence's book Garden Nouveau Quilts. Anna Aldmon from Texas digitized the original hand applique pattern. I was fortunate to test the digitizing for the Art format and stitched this quilt on my 830 machine. Vicky works at the Overbrook Quilt Connection, my local quilt shop, so the shop has kits with the fabrics similar to the ones used in the book. I used the original green fabrics and then used batiks for the flowers. The top was quilted by Kathy Smith from Burlingame and she did a great job with it. It is a beautiful quilt and I am quite proud of it!

8 comments:

Cheryl Willis said...

very lovely, you should be pleased and proud! cw

Quilter Kathy said...

Beautiful!

Debbie said...

Beautiful quilt...brings that calm feeling one gets sitting in a lovely garden on a quiet day.

happydaysquilting said...

Lovely quilt, would love to see some close up pics!

Amy said...

It is a beautiful quilt. This is a great project for your 830.

Marti said...

It is gorgeous in the picture and I bet even better in person. You should be pleased.

Happy Room Diana said...

Wow this is fabulous, a real heirloom.

Victorine said...

I've been wondering what this quilt would look like when done. It is absolutely stunning. That should hang on your wall, Jane.