Monday, November 7, 2011

Behind the Scenes

I know it looks like I have not been doing much, but that is far from true. Last week I worked three days at Overbrook Quilt Connection while the rest of the crew were in Houston. Roxane, shop owner, had purchased some quick project sheets. Since she is having a holiday shop hop and then holiday open house, I made some projects with Christmas fabrics. The first one was an apron made from a tea towel. I chose a dark green check and some green Christmas fabric. Well, on Thursday is sewing day at the shop for a group and one of the ladies bought all the red and green check towels. So I had to make another one from a different towel.

I also made some small cocktail napkins. Then they are folded to look like a Christmas tree. Really cute and easy. I made a mitered placemat from Laurel Burch fabric. It is the post before this one. I also made a traditional-looking gathered apron.

I am also quilting the small quilts with my jumbo hoop for Christmas gifts. I have one to finish the borders and one more to piece and quilt. So I have been busy. I hope everyone has a productive week.

No comments: