Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Windmill from Signs of Life Series

Vicky Lawrence of Prairie Edge Patchworks is slowly getting her redwork-type designs digitized.  Windmill will soon be available in embroidery.  I completed this sample on my Bernina 830.  The completed wall hanging is 16" x 20".  I was able to get all of the design except two stitches into the jumbo hoop.  The barbed wire is stitched separately.  This will be a birthday gift for a family member.

All of Vicky's patterns are available at Overbrook Quilt Connection.

2 comments:

GranthamLynn said...

Wow this is really qreat. I don't know much about machine embroidery. Your work is fabulous. Thanks for sharing this.

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Its amazing! I know next to nothing about machine embroidery but the finished piece is very impressive!