Saturday, December 30, 2017

Christmas Reading Pillow

This is the reading pillow that I gifted to my college granddaughter who LOVES to read.  Reading pillows are the latest rage in the field of machine embroidery.  There are oodles of sayings and designs found in etsy shops that can be downloaded almost immediately. The girl on the books is from Jazzy Zebra on etsy.  I think the words are also from her but with so much looking and shopping, I am somewhat fuzzy about that.  I backed the book pocket with fusible fleece before embroidering.  The rest of the fabric is back with a lightweight fusible.  There is a zipper in the back but most of the pillows are made by overlapping in the pocket.  The pillow was completed with my serger. The fabric is amazing from Artisan Spirit Expressions by Northcott.  I used a very large panel.  My granddaughter was thrilled with the gift!!

5 comments:

Crafty Ashley B said...

This is fabulous! Love the saying!!

grammajudyb said...

A really great rendition of the popular reading pillow. I don't have an embroidery machine, but I have made a few too. Just not so CUTE!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE this bright cheerful pillow and SEW agree with the sentiment!!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh Lovely! I saw them last year and really wanted to make some... but I don't know how yet... need to take the time to learn how to use my module!!! xx

Victorine Koch said...

This is absolutely beautiful.