Monday, May 21, 2018

First Attempt--Softball

This is Kelsey's softball.  It is my first attempt at embroidering on a softball.  The ball must be deconstructed, embroidered, and then relaced.  I scanned the two pieces of ball so I would have a template to try out various fonts and arrangements.  You are just seeing one side so that Kelsey may remain anonymous.  The machine did not mind stitching on the ball.  I used double threads of red and blue #8 pearl cotton for the lacing. I do wish I had used the next size bigger.  Push pins were used to keep the two pieces in place.  There are great videos on youtube that will help you with all aspects of this project.  You may also want to check out facebook groups that have members who are very good at this art.

3 comments:

Bernie Kringel said...

Wow! I had no idea one could take the ball apart, embroider it and restitch it. That is really interesting!

grammajudyb said...

That’s a surprise to me! I would not even considered such a task!

Mary Marcotte said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.