Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Hello from the Heartland!



My life revolves around two big issues right now.  I am including a photo of the quilt that has been accepted at the 2018 fall Paducah Show.  It is a machine applique quilt that was developed originally as a block of the month hand applique quilt.  A digitizer saw the original quilt at the Dallas Quilt Show and asked the designer if she could use her pattern.  So several months and a couple of years later, I stitched this purple quilt during a class I taught on this design.  If you are a machine embroidery person, you will understand when I say that some of the blocks had six hoopings. I am very pleased with the outcome.
My second issue deals with filling Christmas boxes that are collected the second week in November at a local church.  The shoe boxes are then send to children all over the world as part of the Samaritan's Purse organization. So I have been making softies that can go into the boxes. My stitching friends have been included in this adventure and are helping me with this effort.  There are many designs for softies that can be made quickly with an embroidery machine. God is great!
 
https://www.victorianaquiltdesigns.com/fabric/

 

5 comments:

Denise :) said...

Congratulations on your entry in the Paducah show -- that's awesome!! I love the shoe box ministry -- a lot of our local churches participate in that. What a great opportunity to share the love of Jesus! :)

Susan said...

Lovely quilt, and congratulations on it's Paducah entry!

Jennifer said...

Jury into Paducah is a great accomplishment! congratulations. I hope you will get to the show to see you quilt amongst the other great ones.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Congratulations on your entry at the Paducah show! What a well deserved honor!

Victorine Koch said...

Wow! That quilt is stunning. To have an entry at Paducah is quite an honor. Well done.