Friday, February 21, 2020

John Deer Ditigitizing Webinar


I have had the opportunity to be part of John Deer's Digitizing Made Easy Webinar.  John Deer is known as the guru of digitizing and I have always wanted to take a class from him.  I read about his initial effort to develop an on-line class and signed up a couple of months ago.  The class has three active webinars through facebook or Zoom.  Then there are online step-by-step lessons that teach  running stitches, satin stitches, and fill stitches.  Each lesson builds on the previous one.  I would watch the lesson to get the overall view and then complete the lesson in the software while repeating the lesson again and stop it step-by-step. It has taken hours to complete each lesson to my personal satisfaction and then to complete it again without referring to the lesson. Hatch has graciously made their software available for 30 days to complete the lessons.  My lessons have been a bit easier because I have a large monitor that my grandson suggested a couple of years ago.  It is much easier for my old eyes. My photos are two of the projects that I completed for the class. John gives many tips, digitizing theory, encouragement, and responses to questions. If you have the desire to learn more about digitizing, this is the class for you.

No comments: