Monday, April 20, 2020

April Output

These are a few of the 150+ face masks that I have stitched since April 2, 2020. I have made several patterns and several sizes. Most of the masks have been made from a pattern of a fellow quilter. I have not purchased any fabric or thread. The only purchases I have made are for black elastic and white elastic.  I started using 1/4" bias tape for the ties until I exhausted that supply and found it too time intensive to make my own.  I read that some were using t-shirt ties.  I tried that and found that t-shirt ties are soft and strong.  I cut 3/4 inch strips across a t-shirt and then pulled them until they stopped stretching.  The fabric rolled together from both sides and it great to stitch through. The masks have gone to a local nurse, local store employees, family and friends, and a small company. Hopefully this crisis will be over soon.  Thanks to all of the people who continue to work and are put in harm's way.  Please stay safe and use your mask.  

No comments: