Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Notebook Covers


These quilted notebook covers hold a 5" x 7" spiral notebook. This was a project pattern and kit given to the members of Bob's Bernina First Wednesday Sewing Group. This is a delightful group of ladies who enjoy each other's company and learn from each other. Diane and Carrie, Bob's sewing geniuses, moderate the group and lead the projects. I have used one of the notebook covers for the past year and love it. Now I am making them for family and friends. Jill is a special neighbor who loves horses and received her notebook to use in her new job.
My other interest this week is free standing lace. I am in a listserve that provides lessons for making FSL. I have worked on a round coaster. I need to finish it with a motif and then try stitching it out to see if it holds together. This has been an interesting project.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

What a cute, cute idea. I just love the quilting on the pink and black one.