Monday, June 22, 2009

Bloomin' Flowers is pieced!


The picture is not the best but Bloomin' Flowers has been pieced. I waited for the wind to go down so I could take the picture outside and I lost too much of the sun. This quilt is by The Stitch Connection and the blocks are intense embroidery and applique. Some of the blocks have up to 40 color changes. I had to put a small table beside my sewing cabinet just to hold the 40-50 spools of thread I used in the quilt. The pieced second border really is a great addition to the quilt. After quilting this top, this quilt will be exquisite.
I'll try to get a better picture tomorrow.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Hey I was wondering if you had recieved your mini quilt yet from the Spring Blooms Mini Quilt Swap...I sent it out the 22nd, and with a few people not getting theirs, I was just hoping you had gotten it by now! Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

Robin

Karen said...

Beautiful!