Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Stocking



Each of the members of my family is going to get a new Christmas stocking. This is one that I have made for Avery. After deciding on a pattern, I purchased some satin-looking fabric. I have fused the fabric to fusible fleece to give it body and provide a stabilizer for the embroidery work. The satin has silver metallic flecks, so the trim is also silver on the stocking. I used minkee for the white part of the stocking but it is not easy to work with. I much prefer the "fuzzy felt" that I found at JoAnn's.


I sew the back and front together and then a lining back and front except for a small space in the side of the lining. Then I can sew around the top edge of the stocking and lining and have a very clean finish.


The stocking would be quick to make if I could decide on the embroidery designs.

No comments: