Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Yeti Cover

My husband and son are farmers.  Last year each received a 36 ounce Yeti as a gift.  My son wanted his covered so that it wouldn't get scratched from bouncing around in the tractor.  I made the Yeti covers from rip stop nylon and headliner foam-like fabric.  I quilted the two fabrics together, serged the side seam, and inset the bottom with the serger.  A little casing at the top and some 1/4 inch elastic and the cover is finished. They both like their Yeti cover. 

3 comments:

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh how cool is that! I have never heard of Yeti - other than the abominable snowman type - that cover will be great for protection rattling around in the tractor! xx

The Joyful Quilter said...

Genius!!

grammajudyb said...

What a great idea! Rip stop nylon is not so fun to sew with without a serger. You did a great job!