Thursday, September 24, 2009

Design Wall


This is a picture of the quilt that is currently on my design wall. I am working on the "Quilt for an Hour Project" by Judy Laquidara. Her blog is Patchwork Times. Several times each year, Judy develops a quilt pattern and shares it with her readers. She publishes the directions each day on her blog. The directions can usually be completed in a hour or so each day. Each quilter can choose their own fabric and decide when to complete the project. It is great fun to be part of a quilt project that is being completed across the nation. My quilt is made entirely of batiks. I will probably make another one in a darker colorway.
Besides being a quilter, designer, teacher, and author, Judy is a great cook. Her blog also has some great recipes.
I am also working on two other projects during the day. Tonight I finished a latchhook rug and will have a picture for you soon. The More Wild!flowers quilt is slowly being quilted. I really like piecing but find quilting less to my liking. I should have it finished in a few days.

1 comment:

Cheryl Willis said...

looking really good, I haven't decided if I am going to start this one. If I do it will have to be scrappy.