Thursday, October 8, 2009

More Wild!flowers


I will try to get a picture of the entire quilt when it comes back home from Houston. Right now it is in the pack of quilts that are headed to the Quilt Festival for the booth of the Overbrook Quilt Connection from Kansas. My job this year is to mind the store while others are enjoying the festival!!
Last Sunday the quilt was on display at The Charles Curtis House in Topeka. Charles Curtis was the vice president for Herbert Hoover. He is the only vp who had a native American mother. The display was a quilt show and tour of the house to benefit two local charities.
I did show the quilt to my local quilt guild and to my Bernina sewing group earlier this week. It really is a beautiful quilt and much more colorful than in this picture.

No comments: