Sunday, May 9, 2010

Tribute to my Mother

This is the one and only quilt that was made by my mother. She started it in 1987, soon after my dad died. She pieced with her Singer slant-needle machine and then hand quilted each block. She had wonderful small quilting stitches. In 1999 when I started piecing, I asked her about her quilt and she had two blocks to finish. She said she was not interested in doing them. I finished those blocks and then put the quilt together with sashing and borders. I gave it to back to her and she kept it on a quilt rack made by my son. I now have this quilt hanging in my living room as a tribute to my mother.

1 comment:

Cheryl Willis said...

Beautiful story and beautiful quilt. I hope to have lots of unfinished projects that my daughers and grands can finish and think of me. cw