Saturday, December 27, 2008

Back to Sewing

The sewing room has been a busy place today. This morning I finished washing an old quilt made by my grandmother. It had yellow stains, so I used a product called "Restoration" and soaked it overnight. I also made a quilt label for it so that I can give it to the next generation.

Last year I pieced a top called Vintage Moments by Marsha McCloskey. She is famous for feathered star blocks which makes up the middle of the quilt. Today I sewed the backing and delivered the quilt to my long arm quilter. So another quilt almost finished. I really love this quilt. I purchased the pattern and fabric several years ago and was waiting for my quilt skills to improve before making the quilt.

This afternoon I have been trimming 1.5 inch half square triangles for a small calendar quilt that I made this spring. The half square triangles will be the outer border. I still need some more triangles before I am ready to put on the final border. This little quilt has my first attempt at hand applique. I may even try applique again.

We are off to dinner with friends. A great ending to a holiday week.

No comments: