Thursday, September 2, 2010

Newton Baby Quilt

This is a baby quilt that I have been working on since yesterday. I purchased part of it as a kit when I saw the fabric while I was in Arizona two or three years ago. Then I ordered more of the fabric online. A new great-grandson is expected this fall, so a new quilt is in order. Newton is the name of the fabric and is the lamb in the panels and the border. OESD, the embroidery company, also put out a collection of Newton embroideries. So I will be adding some designs from that collection. This is a quick quilt and should be completed in a couple of days. The center is sewn but the borders are just stuck to the design wall. You may need to click on the picture to view it in bigger format to see the details.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Congrats on the New little one coming. I have that panel too. Lambs are another thing I collect besides UFO's and Fabric. Thanks for stopping by my Blog so early this morning.

Cathy said...

That is just soooo cute. Good job!

AnnieO said...

I've seen the Newton fabric and that little lamb is really really cute. I didn't know there were embroideries too! What a fun, sweet baby quilt.