I put some finishing touches on the apron with a pocket--I can't believe that I made the pocket and forgot to put it on. I also embroidered the sewing group's name and year on the bib of the apron. So it is boxed and ready to wrap.
The quilt shop in Burlingame has cloth dish towels, so I have put some angel redwork designs on 7 of them. Now I am hunting for some woodsy type of designs for another set.
Today I have been working on a design that I saw on America Sews. It was a quick explanation and so I have been trying different techniques to get the right look. Embroider a rather large outline alphabet of some kind on a t-shirt that you have put some coordinating fabric behind. After finishing the embroidery--cut a line into the middle of the letters on the t-shirt so that the backing fabric will show through. I just don't have the right kind of alphabet the has a wide enough space to show the fabric underneath. I'll just keep looking to find the alphabet I think will work. I'll show you a picture after I have washed and dried the shirts.
Three Cheers and a Quiltmaker Bundle Winner!
2 hours ago