Tuesday, October 14, 2008

PINK & GREEN


Almost two years ago I wanted to make a quilt with Kaffe Fassett fabric. I decided to make a pink quilt similar to one I had seen at one of his trunk shows at a Kansas City quilt shop. Well, I never could figure out which pattern he used so I finally made the PINK quilt with Turning Twenty Again. Then since I was going to give it to a granddaughter I had to made a GREEN quilt for the other granddaughter. The picture does not do justice to the boldness of the fabrics. Both quilts seem to shock those who see them but they are well-loved by their owners. When I make quilts for kids, I usually embroider the label into the quilt after it is quilted.


The Christmas embroidery quilt is taking shape. I have a few more pieces to sew together before starting to work on the border. I really do like it. I may make another one that has some appliqued pieces instead of just redwork.


1 comment:

Lucy said...

Jane -- Wow -- Fabulous quilts. Someday I want to make a bright fun quilt. I just love these large pattern fabrics.

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on the blog -- it's so great to hear from readers. And I'm glad you started a blog of your own -- I'll enjoy following your posts. You are one talented lady Jane. Great inspiration for this rookie tee hee. I thoroughly enjoy checking in on the projects of others. I have a few new blogs to add to my reader list and I'll be sure to add you too.

BTW - the Christmas quilt is darling! Did you do all that embroidery? By machine, hand?

http://hereslucy.squarespace.com