Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Two exciting events

Becky from the Kansas City area had her ticket drawn Sunday afternoon at the end of the quilt show as winner of the donation quilt. She came to my house today to retrieve her treasure and we spent a fun hour talking quilting. This is the second quilt that she has won from this area--she won a quilt from the Overbrook Quilt Connection after the April quilt shop hop. In fact, she purchased her winning ticket for this quilt at the shop hop. It was great fun to meet her and to know that she will cherish our quilt.

The donation quilt of the Santa Fe Trail Quilt Guild was the most extraordinary that I have ever seen made by many members of a guild. I know I was part of making it, but I still love it. All members were given a piece of the focus fabric and then asked to make a block of their choice. The blocks were set together and then it was quilted by JoAnn Rodgers, our present secretary and a former president of the guild. Her quilting helped made it a great quilt.

This afternoon I attended the 830 Bernina party at Bob's Bernina in Lawrence. It was fun to learn more about the newest Bernina. I would have to get a job to afford it at the present time. I did get to sew on the machine and also watch it embroider a design--1000 stitches per minute. Refreshments, a goodie bag, prize drawings, and new friends made this a great afternoon.
Bernina's 830





1 comment:

Lucy said...

I've been waiting for my local shop to get the new machine. I'll never own one, but I would like to see it operate.

That's a fabulous quilt...what a lucky gal!