Friday, October 10, 2008

Getting it Together


Today is my "baby's" birthday. Joe is 43. So the first order of business was making a birthday cake for his birthday dinner that will be late this evening. Joe and my husband are farmers, so they are busy with corn harvest and will not finish today until long after dark.

The big project for the day was finishing the borders of the heart quilt. They were completed in time to put the heart blocks together. So a preliminary picture is in order before I upload the official one. Each of the hearts are machine applique embroidery with different types of fancy stitching around the heart. This quilt is being made as a sample for the Overbrook Quilt Connection. Roxane, the owner, picked out the colors. I would have picked out more medium browns and more bright pinks. But I enjoy the fabrics she chooses. The quilt top should be finished tomorrow.

No comments: