Earlier this year I attended the Wichita Quilt Show. This was the first time that I saw so many quilts at a show that I really liked. While I was there, I purchased an embroidery quilt kit that is a Christmas redwork-like pattern by The Stitch Connection. Today I started by cutting the background fabric and stitching out some of the designs.
My biggest problem with an embroidery quilt is deciding which stabilizer to use. I know to use cutaway with stretchy fabric and tearaway with stable fabric. Since this is a redwork design, I have decided to use water soluble stabilizer. It is working okay.
Little Bird from St. Petersburg, Russia
27 minutes ago