Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Adventure

I belong to several groups on the Internet. Before my breast cancer surgery I asked two of the groups to be my "prayer army". I know that there were family, friends, professional friends, Internet friends and friends of friends who have been praying for my recovery. One group have sent me angels to remind me of the power of prayer and to show their support. This picture shows the angels that have arrived in my mailbox from all across the United States. It is so overwhelming to know that so many people care and are providing prayers for me.

Elaine sent me a big support package that contained a book entitled, "90 Minutes in Heaven" by Don Piper. The book talks about Don's car wreck, his 90 minutes of death, and his long term recovery. But the real focus of the book for me is the power of prayer. Read it if you have any doubt about what prayer is doing for my health.

No comments: