Friday, January 30, 2009

A Great Friday

Today I spent most of the day in the sewing room. First I finished embroidery on the outer border of the baby quilt. Then I did the small inner border. I am about ready to square up the sides and bind the quilt. Then you can see it.

After that I made some cards to send to friends. As I was watching them stitch, I decided I really needed to get some red paper for valentine's cards for the grandkids. Right now I have a few cards ready to mail and a few extras when needed.

Then I took some time to start cutting the pieces for a quilt called "Log Cabin Loco." I am supposed to teach this pattern in a class in February for the local quilt shop. So I will start piecing it together after stitching the binding on the baby quilt.

My new adventure has come to a standstill for a while. I am waiting for test results that will determine the extent of the aftercare for my breast cancer. As of right now I have had blood work, a chest x-ray, a CT scan, a bone density scan, two visits to the surgeon and had the stitches removed, two visits to the oncologist and waiting for the next one to be scheduled and have a chat scheduled with a genetic counselor. January has slipped away.

No comments: